It was undoubtedly the show of the season, as designer Christopher Bailey sent jewel-tone clad models down the runway in superhero-worthy capes and cocoon coats with a lust-have luxe edge.
Whatever the more out-there beauty trends at the shows, it's the Burberry girls like supermodel Cara Delevingne who we always want to look like. Think ultra soft locks and autumnal red lips. Here's the expert tricks straight from backstage.
“The inspiration for the show was Norman Parkinson's photography,” revealed Wendy Rowe, Burberry Beauty's Artistic Consultant, who was painting the girls' lips a deep red.
Sassy, sexy and with plenty of attitude mixed with that iconic Burberry elegance was the order of the day.
Hair was effortlessly chic and naturally sexy. “We've gone for a parting on the side and more of a wave than we've had in the past,” explained session stylist Neil Moodie.
The result? Sexy, soft tousled waves with a girl next door approach to gorgeousness. Meanwhile, the beauty look called for 40's, retro glamour.
“The lip is powdered and sumptuous but not too precise,” says Wendy.
Easy how to
1. Keep your complexion simple and matte, using a creamy foundation and light dusting of translucent powder.
2. Eyes should be left bare with just a touch of mascara. Try a brown mascara instead of black if you're blonde or pale brunette for a more natural effect.
3. Line lips with a liner and then paint on a bold red shade of your choice. Blot with tissue, reapply and then dust with a touch of translucent powder.
4. Curl hair using a wand. Try Braun Satin-Hair curler with IONTEC
that is specifically designed to boost the shine and health of your hair when styling.
5. Gently run fingers through the lengths to give a softer, more unstructured look.
Author: Isabel Dexter