A sneak peek behind the scenes at London Fashion Week for the latest hair trends and tips from the shows.
Simple, sophisticated and achingly modern, we loved the elegant updo's and glowing skin at Mary Katrantzou. Here's the insider lowdown on nailing the look.
Hair Hero Inspiration
“The Mary Katrantzou collection was slick, graphic and very conceptual,” revealed session stylist Eugene Souleiman backstage at the show with the Wella team during London Fashion Week. “I wanted to create an elegant, almost couture-like style to bring a sense of sharpness to the look,” he added.
A chic, wrapped updo with an aerodynamic edge. This style has a sleek, clean finish so is perfect for a no-muss no-fuss evening look. It also adds instant cheekbones giving you model-esque bone structure!
1 .Section off the hair at the back of the head from ear to ear across the crown. Tie the back section into a ponytail. Backcomb using Braun Satin-Hair 7 brush
with active ions for extra shine. Roll into a bun and pin in place.
2. Take the front section and divide into three, so two side panels and one front. Make the side panels as sleek and tight as possible. Pin them back into the bun.
3. Take the remaining middle front section and work from the crown to the head, pulling it tight. Clip back into the bun. Finish with Wella Professionals Shimmer Delight shine spray.
Body beautiful - The inspiration
“The show features lots of light-bouncing effects that bring out the detail, colours and multiple prints,” explained St Tropez Global Skin Finishing Expert Nichola Joss backstage. “To contrast I created a light-absorbing tan that came with a soft, velvet finish.”
Nichola kept the models' skin soft and tactile to counterbalance the strong prints. She created the illusion of perfect skin by finishing with a light buff of St Tropez Rose Skin Illuminator to give that super-flattering, candle-lit look.
1. For gorgeous legs, use Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator
the night before. It removes the shortest hair and exfoliates your skin at the same time for unbeatable smoothness. Then apply a generous amount of body butter to give you glossy skin and super sexy legs.
2. After the body butter has sunken in, apply a light layer of a wash-off instant tanning mousse.
3. Leave to dry and then add a touch of light-enhancing, skin illuminator or iridescent body cream to give you a glow.
Author: Isabel Dexter