When it comes to A-list worthy gorgeous skin, epilating doesn't have to be the torturous process you may think it is. Braun's two in one epilator and exfoliator, the Braun Silk-épil 7 Skin Spa
has been introduced to make super smooth legs easier than ever to achieve. Our Braun beautista editors Lizzie Cernik and Isabel Dexter are here to put this latest beauty must-have to the test. Check out what they have to say!
When it comes to seriously sexy legs and glowing skin, I have literally tried millions of products as well as the usual waxing and shaving. But none have managed to give me the super sexy legs I had after trying out the Braun Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa. Now that the sunshine is out and I'm getting ready for summer (as well as lusting over a new holiday wardrobe), it's such a relief not to have to worry about counting down the weeks to waxing appointments, as the epilator can be used on short hairs, thanks to the Close Grip technology. I also love the exfoliator, which leaves skin ultra-smooth and glowing. The first time I used it my boyfriend thought I'd spent the day at the spa!
Personally I prefer to epilate when I have plenty of time in a warm bath, where I can relax and I was seriously surprised that the pain factor was minimal. I mean, really! And I am a wuss when it comes to this sort of thing! It was nowhere near that burning, ripping sensation you experience with waxing. Plus there were no pesky ingrown hairs, stubble rash or red bumps that shaving often causes. The best part is that even the very short hairs were removed and although my skin was slightly red after (I have very sensitive skin) that cleared up in around an hour, although on my underarms it was slightly longer. Having said that, when I wax the redness lasts much longer. Later that day my skin definitely looked beach-ready. Bikini here I come!
Lizzie: Top 5 reasons to use Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa
Still not convinced about epilation? Here’s five reasons why you should give it a try.
1. Unlike waxing where you have to grow your leg fuzz, an epilator will grab even the shortest hairs. There’s no waiting around with stubbly pins for weeks on end- so you’ll never need to time a hot date round a waxing appointment again!
2. There’s no risk of razor cuts and the exfoliator helps to keep your skin beautifully smooth and sexy. So if you’re preparing for big night out, it’s the easiest way to keep your legs in tip top condition.
3. The exfoliating head is far more effective than an ordinary body scrubber. The brush gets rid of your dry skin quickly without causing any red marks or inflammation- even on my sensitive skin.
4. One of the most cost effective ways to stay ‘hair free’, the Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa epilator will last for years, ending all these expensive trips to the salon.
5. Before I tried out the epilator, I was terrified it would be painful. But with the new waterproof version, the discomfort is kept to a minimum. I might jump a metre in the air at wax appointment but I manage to stay very chilled out when I’m epilating in the bath.
Giving you silky smooth skin in less than half an hour, beauty blogger Huda Kattan tells us why Braun’s Silk-épil 7 SkinSpa is the right product for her, too! Check out her video review here
Want to find out more? Click here
for the full low-down on the latest SkinSpa sensation.
Author: Lizzie Cernik and Isabel Dexter