An A-list kick to your beauty routine is just what the festive season needs!
Fancy supersizing? No not your festive Starbucks gingerbread latte but your beauty routine. We've heard a lot recently about tips for streamlining and minimising a beauty routine and that's all very well for a day-to-day look, especially if you fancy a few more hours shut-eye! But when it comes to the party season, more is more is our new beauty mantra this month. Give yourself the gift of a pump it up Christmas with our guide to the best party beauty tricks and tips around. It's the anti-scrooge approach to beauty – the more you give the more you get!
Flirty full lashes and feline flicks
It's easy peasy to make your lashes full, thick and A list actress worthy with the right expert beauty tips for getting ready. Here's how:
- “Eyelash curlers with a rubber that's rounded, not flat, give a better curve,” suggests make-up artist maestro Lee Pycroft. “Press your index finger onto the tips after applying mascara and lightly blow upwards so they dry in that direction.”
- How to best apply eyeliner depends on the shape of your eye but generally if your eyes are rounded, a kitten flick at the side will make them look more sultry. Alternatively for any eye shapes, apply liquid liner along the top inner water ring. It takes practise but it instantly makes peepers look Disney-heroine huge!
Super smooth legs
With all the Twenties-inspired mini dresses around having sexy legs is top of our beauty wish-list. It's no longer about just throwing on some 40 denier black tights. So make like the red-carpet girls and show some skin! Hair removal at home makes it easy, so forget the hassle of waxing and say goodbye to pesky ingrown hairs.
- A dual epilator will ensure razor bumps and red dots are a thing of the past and is perfect for epilating bikini lines as well as legs. Try Braun Silk-epil 7 Dual Epilator
for one-stop exfoliation and epilation to transform your skin. Think soft, silky and fuzz-free in an instant!
- Use a body highlighter to add a touch of glamour and also create the illusion of slimmer pins. Dab an iridescent cream onto the front of calves and the side of your thighs for easy supermodel-esque legs.
It girl nails
Mixing textures in manicures and playing with nail art is the next big thing. Here's how to add some polish to your look:
- Mixing textures in the same manicure is this winter's hottest new runway trend. Try a polish in creamy dove grey or pale caramel and then make a half moon on the tip with a metallic shade. Easy yet effective!
- Another easy way to do nail art is to focus on just one finger. Paint all your nails in one shade and single out one finger using a contrasting colour. Navy and fuchsia or green and copper are this season's key catwalk looks. These nail shades make a great gift for a friend too.
Author: Isabel Dexter