1. Everyone's skin is more relaxed and desensitised when bathed in warm water. That’s exactly why Braun has designed the Silk-épil 9 and 7 Wet & Dry range
, epilators that work in your shower or bath, making it the gentlest epilation solution ever.
2. Useful tips for wet epilation
- In the bath: For optimal results, start epilating after relaxing in warm water for about 5 minutes. Hold your leg and epilator fully submerged. Your hairs will lift under water, making them especially easy to grip.
- In the shower: Your skin should really be moist during epilation. For perfect results, you can apply a little shower gel.
3. Useful tips for dry epilation:
"Your skin" should be free of oil and entirely dry. In many Silk-épil 9 models
there are special tissues to clean your skin before epilating. They also have a cooling and soothing effect on your skin, making epilation more pleasant and giving you a great skin sensation.
- Brush across your skin against the direction of skin growth to "lift" the short hairs. This gives the epilator a better grip on them.
4. Run the epilator in an upward motion, against the direction of hair growth. If needed you can also change the epilation direction to ensure an even smoother finish.
5. Epilation novices may find that their skin is slightly reddened after epilating. This is why it is best not to epilate the day you want to spend a big night out, but the evening before. To soothe your skin and create a really sleek, smooth look and feel, apply a body cream or lotion after epilating.
6. Regular exfoliation will help prevent in-grown hairs. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells on the skin’s surface which have a tendency to block the exit of the hair shaft. By removing the dead cells, the hairs have a “clear path” to the surface decreasing the chances of ingrown hairs. We recommend the Braun Silk-épil 9 SkinSpa
exfoliation brush. For best results, use it the day before epilation. SkinSpa’s brush oscialltes at 3.000 micro-vibrations per minute for results better 4x more effective than a manual peeling alone.